Deepen or refresh your knowledge of public and/or private international law at one of the most prestigious institutions in the field. At the Peace Palace since 1923, and regularly recognized by the United Nations General Assembly for its contributions “to the teaching, study, dissemination and wider appreciation of international law” (A/RES/73/201 of 20 December 2018, para. 24), The Hague Academy of International Law calls upon the most renowned legal experts in the world to dispense its famous Summer Courses on Public and Private International Law and its newly created Winter Courses on International Law. Register for a session of courses in 2020 now!
- 3-week courses focusing on issues of public and/or private international law
- A General Course spread over the entire 3 weeks
- Weekly Special Courses
- Directed Studies Sessions (and Diploma Exam) for selected participants
- Interactive seminars and presentations of eminent professors and leading legal experts
- Doctoral networking meetings for PhD students
- Courses dispensed by renowned scholars in the field
- Meetings with practicing international judges, arbitrators, ambassadors and lawyers
- Participants of many different nationalities
- Visits to international legal institutions based in The Hague, including the Peace Palace
- Access to the Peace Palace Library and its resources
- Possibility to register for an exceptional events such as the “Hours of Crisis” Simulation Exercise
Open to students and professionals who:
- Have completed at least 4 consecutive years of university studies, including courses on international law
- Hold a 3-year university law degree (LL.B. or other), preferably having taken courses on international law
- All candidates must master one of the two working languages of the Academy (English or French).
- 2020 Winter Courses: €1100
- 2020 Summer Courses:
- €1100 for each three-week session
- €2000 for both sessions
Payment must be made upon receipt (by e-mail) of a letter of pre-admission and an invoice.
All applicants are required to register online. A limited amount of scholarships is available.
- 2020 Winter Courses: only full fee applicants can still apply. Deadline: 29 September 2019
- 2020 Summer Courses: the registration period for scholarship and full fee applicants opens on 1stNovember 2019. Deadline for applications: 31 January 2020
Wil jij geen belangrijk juridisch nieuws meer missen?
Abonneer je op de Mr. Studenten nieuwsbrief: elke vrijdag rond de lunch een update van het nieuws van de afgelopen week, de laatste loopbaanwijzigingen en de recentste vacatures. Meld je direct aan en ontvang elke vrijdag de Mr. Studenten nieuwsbrief.Meld je direct aan >